Old wounds are emotional traumas or experiences that have caused deep and lasting internal harm to a person’s spiritual well-being. Some old wounds can be carried from past lives, and others from our childhood that we are unaware of.
These wounds can manifest in various ways, such as feelings of guilt, shame, or unworthiness, and can be caused by a variety of factors, including abuse, neglect, or loss. It’s important to address these wounds in order to heal and move forward in a healthy way.
When I work with my clients, we identify, open and heal old wounds in order to enable them to be more prevalent to an abundant lifestyle.
In this article, I am going to explore the benefits of releasing old wounds and what you expect moving forward;
- enables you to find an inner peace
- improves physical health and reduces stress levels
- enhances intuition, spiritual growth and development
- improves relationships with others and increases self-empathy
It’s important to know that you need to implement extract practices to help maintain these benefits;
Finding a sense of Inner peace
To maintain this, here are some suggestions you can incorporate:
- Practice mindfulness meditation: This involves focusing your attention on the present moment and accepting your thoughts and feelings without self-judgement. Mindfulness meditation has been shown to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, and improve overall well-being. Regular practices of meditation are a wonderful way to open yourself and allow healing. Feel free to click here to get access to my free meditation guides to help you.
- Cultivate positive relationships: Spending time with people who uplift and support you can have a significant impact on your emotional well-being. Make time for friends and family members who make you feel good about yourself.
- Engage in activities that bring you joy: Whether it’s hiking, painting, or playing music, doing things that bring you pleasure can boost your mood and overall sense of well-being.
- Practise real self-care: Taking care of yourself physically, emotionally, and mentally is essential for improving your emotional well-being. This can include getting enough sleep, eating a healthy diet, and engaging in regular exercise.
Moving your body to reduce stress levels
Regular physical activity is crucial for maintaining good physical health and reducing stress levels. Regular physical activity can have many benefits for your body and mind, such as reducing tension, improving overall health, reducing pain and stiffness, strengthening muscles and bones, and aiding weight loss. High-impact exercise is not the only way to achieve these benefits. I recommend considering yoga, pilates, or somatic exercises as options to alleviate stress and trauma from your body. Somatic exercise has also been proven to trigger the release of endorphins, which can alleviate stress and enhance mood.
In addition to this type of practice, maintaining a balanced and healthy diet can also contribute to physical health and stress reduction. Eating a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and most importantly making sure you get your essential vitamins and minerals are necessary nutrients for a healthy body and mind.
Finally, getting enough sleep is crucial for both physical health and stress reduction. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night to allow your body and mind to recharge. As with clients to improve their sleep, we record their wake-up time. This is because each hour corresponds to a specific organ that undergoes detoxification, which can give us insight into their overall health. With this understanding, I can pinpoint the particular areas that need attention for healing and transformation. For example, if I am consistently waking up at 3 am, it may mean my liver needs cleansing, and from a metaphysical viewpoint, I need to work on my emotions of anger and resentment.
Spiritual growth and development
Here are some ways to further your spiritual growth and development:
- Meditation: Practising meditation can help individuals connect with their inner selves and gain a deeper understanding of their spiritual journey.
- Mindfulness: Being mindful in daily life can help individuals stay present and aware of their thoughts and actions, allowing them to make conscious decisions that align with their spiritual beliefs.
- Gratitude: Expressing gratitude for the blessings in one’s life can cultivate a positive mindset and increase feelings of contentment and fulfilment.
- Service: Serving others can be a powerful way to connect with one’s spirituality and demonstrate compassion and love for others.
- Reflection: Taking time to reflect on one’s experiences, beliefs, and values can help individuals gain clarity and direction on their spiritual path.
- Connection: Engaging in spiritual communities and connecting with like-minded individuals can provide support, guidance, and a sense of belonging on the journey of spiritual growth and development.
Healing old wounds brings greater self-awareness and self-understanding
Embarking on a healing journey can lead to a greater level of self-awareness and self-understanding. Here are some reasons why:
- Improved relationships: When we understand our own emotions and motivations, we are better equipped to communicate effectively with others, exuding confidence and building loving, balanced, and strong relationships.
- Better decision-making: Self-awareness allows us to recognise our own biases and make decisions that are more objective and rational.
- Personal growth: When we understand ourselves better, we are able to confidently take positive steps to identify areas where we want to grow and improve. This can lead to greater personal fulfilment and a sense of purpose.
- Reduced stress: Self-awareness can help us recognise our own emotional triggers and develop coping strategies to manage stress and anxiety.
Relationships with others and increased self-empathy.
Developing better relationships with others and cultivating empathy can bring positive outcomes in different areas of life. Consider the following examples of the benefits:
- Improved communication: When we are more empathetic towards others, we tend to listen and understand them better. This can lead to improved communication and fewer misunderstandings.
- Improved empathy for ourselves: I have worked with many people who find it difficult to prioritise their own needs. As a result, they may end up feeling resentful, although they may not express it. These feelings accumulate over time and may eventually reach a boiling point, resulting in a breakdown, illness, and anxiety.
- Stronger connections: Building deeper connections with others is easier when we can empathise with them; this can lead to stronger friendships, better teamwork, and more fulfilling relationships, which in turn can lead to positive support around us.
- Greater understanding: Increased empathy can also lead to a greater understanding of different perspectives and worldviews. This can help us be more open-minded and accepting of others.
- Reduced conflict: When we can understand and empathise with others, we are less likely to get into conflicts with them. This can lead to a more peaceful and harmonious environment.
- Positive self-talk: Practising positive self-talk can help us regulate our emotions and foster a healthy mindset. When we are more mindful of our thoughts, we can acknowledge them without judgement, allowing us to respond in a constructive way instead of getting overwhelmed by them. This can lead to greater inner peace and well-being.
If you would like to explore this further, I invite you to book a complimentary energy scan session. This will enable you to see how I work and get a taste of how energy healing can benefit you personally and professionally.